Blepharoplasty: answers to popular questions
Date of publication: 30 Apr
Eyelid surgery is quite a popular surgical operation among women who have crossed the 35-year milestone. We will answer the most popular questions about it in detail in our article.
How much does blepharoplasty cost?
The cost of the surgical operation is determined individually in each case. Therefore, you can find out the price of blepharoplasty only in the clinic where it is going to be performed and after the consultation of a surgeon.
Will blepharoplasty help to get rid of "crow’s feet"?
Blepharoplasty is not aimed at eliminating the fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes. It is aimed at solution of several other tasks. However, this problem can be solved with the help of botox injections or application of fractional laser.
At what age can I undergo surgery?
There are no absolute age restrictions. The only condition is that the patient must reach the legal age.
Who has indications for blepharoplasty?
- fatty swelling under the eyes;
- baggy skin below the eyes;
- lowered outer corners of the eyes;
- “heavy" upper eyelid.
In most cases, these problems are caused by natural age-related changes.
How long will the effect of the operation last?
The effect of eyelid surgery lasts for a lifetime. Only in rare and exceptional cases, repeated blepharoplasty is required.
Which clinic to choose?
The choice of a medical institution should be determined as responsibly as possible, since the result of surgical intervention directly depends on the experience of doctors. We recommend contacting the Med City clinic (Kiev). It can solve other problems with appearance and health. For example, by the link - https://medcity.ua/services/konsultatsiya-ginekologa/ you can make an appointment for a consultation with a gynecologist.
Who has contraindications for surgery?
Blepharoplasty, like any other operation, has a number of limitations. These include:
- high degree myopia;
- inflammatory processes in the eye area;
- chronic diseases in the decompensation stage;
To avoid side effects, the patient first undergoes a series of examinations and laboratory tests. Based on the results, a decision on the possibility of blepharoplasty is made.
How to prepare for surgery?
First of all, it is necessary to protect yourself from physical and emotional stress. It is better to spend a few days before the operation at home, in the most comfortable and cozy atmosphere. To calm the strong feelings that are natural, you can take sedatives, but in no case alcohol. In addition, it is necessary to completely exclude alcoholic beverages and cigarettes. The presence of alcohol and nicotine in the body can lead to serious postoperative consequences.
What kind of anesthesia is used?
In blepharoplasty both general and local anesthesia may be used. Which option is better is determined by the surgeon after consultation.
Please note, important information!
Self-medication can cause irreparable harm to your health!
If you are not a medical professional:
If you are not a medical professional:
- Information posted on MedElement site and in mobile applications "MedElement", "Lekar Pro", "Dariger Pro", "Diseases: General practitioner’s reference book", cannot and should not replace an in-person consultation with a physician. Be sure to contact medical institutions if you have any diseases or symptoms that bother you.
- The choice of medicines and their dosage should be discussed with a specialist. Only a physician can prescribe the necessary medicine and its dosage, taking into account the disease and the patient's condition
- MedElement site and mobile applications "MedElement", "Lekar Pro", "Dariger Pro", "Diseases: General practitioner’s reference book" are exclusively information and reference resources. The information posted here should not be used to unauthorized changes in the physician's prescription.
- MedElement editors shall bear no responsibility for any damage to health or financial damage resulting from the use of this site